Sunday, September 21, 2008

A day to remember




I know I am a little late to express my gratitude to our country men and women but I was looking over some of my pictures and figure any day is a good day to remember. I remember September 11th, but not as great as I wish to. It was my Sophmore year in high school, I remember it was rare when I would eat breakfast at the table. On this particular morning I had done just that. I was eating a bowl of Lucky Charms and watched the Twin Towers burn. I remember hearing the reporters frantically trying to make sense of what was going on. I just didn't get it! I made it to school and even then it was all that I heard in the halls. In gym class I remember Ms. Dutcher telling us about the Pentagon and the other plane. It just didn't make sense again. It is a shock today to think that that was seven years ago. I am so grateful for the brave men and women who serve our country and have sacrificed so much to maintain our freedoms. Not just today but everyday past and present. Thank you!!

No comments: