Sunday, March 15, 2009

All Hail the new NORDSTROMS

So I was hanging out with my mom yesterday doing what us ladies do best, shop! One of the many locations that we made it to was the new Nordstrom's. I don't know if many of you have had the chance to grace the Fashion Place Mall with your presence lately but lets just say... It's a must now with the new changes. Right when you enter the doors it just feels refreshing! The layout was exquisite. I admit I thought it was a little lame to have live models prettending to be statues, a little too eery to me. I think what I was most impressed with was that waiters/waitresses were walking around the shoe department with trays of drinks and desserts (the Italian lemon sorbet will bring joy to any pallet) Thankfully (for Curtis) I was able to just say no when it came to purchasing, I was just in it for the environment. Granted I wouldn't object to a new pair of Jimmy Choo's shoes but hey a girl can continue to dream. So from there mom and I ventured to the Rack (another old past time and all time fav) I noticed there is a huge selection of designer jeans and other various items being added to their inventory. Speaking of I hope that everyone is aware of the grand opening of the new Nordy's Rack in Sandy!!! I was just reading that they will have a drawing and one lucky person is going to be the first let into the store opening day and will have 90 seconds, repeat, 90 SECONDS to grab up to $1,000 worth of merchandise. Since I read that I started to think of strategies of how I could do that in only 90 seconds... Unfortunatly my husbands keeps shooting them all down. I think he is nervous about the opening and the dent it could possibly have in our pocket book. Exciting stuff! And mom thanks for baby's new outfits! It was a fun day out with you. I think Curtis was more upset that we went to Nelson's without him, just the cherry on top!

5 comments:

3 Men & a Lady said...

Live models, huh? That's crazy! I haven't been in yet, but have heard it's pretty ritzy. You made me excited to check it out! And the 90 second shopping spree... wow! I'm glad you had a fun day out with your mom. Oh, and I LOVE the blue in your room! :)

bella utahan said...

I think you must have forgotten about the time that you Modeled as a Mannequin- did you think it was weird then??? I love lemon sorbet!!! cant wait to come and shop with you!!! I have been going through my closet today to make space for new things!

Bekah said...

No haven't forgotten about those good old days...and yes I did think that was strange back then! Didn't you? Its just creepy

nic and hai said...

when is the new new new opening of the sandy one?

i am excited for the nords party at fashion place.

maybe i'll go tonight.

any deals?

i hate the one in Orem though.

i love you and that you are pregooooooooo.

Stac said...

Hey Bekah! I haven't blogstalked you in a while but it's good to see that everything is good with you. I'm excited that you'll be having a boy. That's so fun.

Stacie