
My cousin Crystal made this very cute hooded towel... Its a shark and Oliver is getting eaten ALIVE!

Finally all warm and toasty and ready for bed!!!
Ok, Bath time round #2

And it was a SUCCESS! He loved it and made it a much more pleasant experience for both baby and me.

And it was a SUCCESS! He loved it and made it a much more pleasant experience for both baby and me.
(Thanks Aunt Kristi for this adorable onesie! She took one of Curtis' old motorcycle t-shirts and turned it into this masterpiece of a sleep sack, for other clothing items by Kristi click here http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=16531384&ref=em)
Oliver is now 3 weeks old and is just GROWING, GROWING GROWING! At his two week apt the Doc said that he predicts our child will just be really tall and thin just like his daddy. He weighed in at 7 pounds 9 ounces and 21.6 inches tall! So he has gained almost a whole pound and a whole inch from birth! I feel pretty fortunate that he has been a pretty good eater. He is on a pretty good feeding schedule, I just think sometimes he struggles with latching on correctly which in turn HURTS!!! Does anyone have advice besides using lanolin cream to prevent the dreaded cracking and bleeding? Oliver has also developed a double chin, it is the most adorable double chin you will ever see! He is starting to 'coo' and 'ahhh' more and more. He also has some pretty strong neck muscles he will lift and hold his head for a surprisingly long amount of time. The most rewarding thing to me at this age is that he now recognizes mine and Curt's voices I love when he hears me and tries to search the room for me. Curtis and I thoroughly enjoy parenthood, every day brings a new adventure and education!!!!
Baby Ava Lyn
Congratulations to my brother Rory and his wife Jennine on the birth of their sweet new baby girl! She is simply adorable. Ava was born about 5 and a half weeks early and has had to spend some time in the NICU. Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you guys and hope that everything will continue to improve. Oliver can't wait to meet his new playmate and we look forward to you coming home Ava!
(I stole these photos from my folks blog!)






7 comments:
Stacy used to be a breastfeeding peer councelor... try asking her for advice. My first baby had issues with latching, but I went in to a breastfeeding support center for the help... do you have any of those near you?
Very cute! He is so animated in his expressions! The second and forth picture kill me! I'm glad things are going well! He is very cute!!
Hey, why don't you try using a nipple shield to help protect and let yourself heal while he eats? It worked for me.
He is toooo cute! I love the closeup in the shark towel! You didn't have to endorse me, you silly girl. I never had any cracking or bleeding, but I read that besides using Lanolin, don't use a lot of soap on those parts to prevent dryness.
Oh my... he is so adorable that I must come see him and my cutest best friend bekah this week. Deal?
congrats on little Oliver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he is sooooooooo cute! I love his little shark towel!
I love his cute little pjs! Squeezing out a little milk when you are done feeding and letting it air dry is a good lubricant for some women. For me, at the beginning, it hurt when my baby latched on. It looked to me like he was latching on correctly and I didn't know what I was doing wrong. I called my breastfeeding consultant at the hospital and she said that with her babies, latching on hurt for the first 2 months and then felt better after that. Well, sure enough, that is what it was for me too. After about 2 months, it didn't hurt anymore. He was latching on correctly, but my body wasn't used to it I guess. But if you are worried at all, you can call a breastfeeding support center like "Mommy Madness" said. They are paid to help with breastfeeding. :) Sorry this is such a long post!
Post a Comment