Wednesday, October 14, 2009

This is Halloween......


Halloween as an adult is definitely not as fun as when you are a child. At least that's my opinion... But then the fun just circles back around as a parent! I am so excited to start getting into Halloween again and even more excited to start dressing Oli up. I decided to get a little festive by pulling down the decorations from the attic to spice up the house a little. Curtis gets totally freaked out by the spider, the feathers make it pretty nasty looking.

Oli just keeps growing and growing. When Oli was born we were fortunate to borrow a family heirloom. In the olden days my dad hand crafted a cradle for his babies. And now that his babies are all grown we get to use it for our babies! This is Oli hanging out in the masterpiece.

Look at my baby sitting up! Sitting up makes him look so old, he always grabs his hands. My mom says it looks like he is scheming something like maybe I should let my parents know I really can talk and I am just fooling them with baby talk.

Oli is roughly 24-25 inches long now (at 3 1/2 months) with his hair possibly 27 inches

Some faces of Oli

My eye issues are still a mystery to both me and my doctors. I am so bored with doctors and also with not getting many answers! So in a brief overview....
I had hemorrhage on an optic vein on my right eye over Memorial Day weekend. I was in my third trimester. Which I then developed a greyed out spot in my vision to the right of my central focus. The spot was actually me seeing the blood in my eye. My doc at the Moran Eye center is blaming the hemorrhage on a random episode of high blood pressure (which I have never had high blood pressure, not once!) They then performed an angiogram in August which gave us great results... No more bleeding. Where the bleeding was is now healed. The only thing is that I still am seeing the grey spot. The doc says it is almost like a footprint of what happened. It could go away or it could be permanent... Only time will be able to tell. He also says that there is a possibility of it happening again, and time will only tell with that too. I then went to a high risk pregnancy doc at the U to get his opinion for future pregnancies, if this meant that I would again have to have heparin shots or any other special instructions to prevent this occurrence. Great news from him was that he believes that it was more like a birth defect that caused the bleed. That it was just a random thing that happened and that happened to be during pregnancy and not likely that it would happen again. He didn't really see a need to do heparin (WAHHOOOO!) I continue to meet with the doc at Moran to really track down what happened. My last appnt was a couple of days ago. They did an ERG (electroretinography) which measures the electrical activity of the retina in response to light. It was the strangest thing I have ever done. They dilated my eye, than numbed it, than propped open my eye with a contact that hold the eye lids open (one eye at a time) and then put a camera in front of my eye. I than stare at a red x in the center while hundreds of honeycomb shapes flicker black, white and gray. this was done about 10 minutes per eye... I felt like I was getting brainwashed. From what they found my left eye was perfect but my right eye you can see the deficit....

All of the squiggle lines should be the same... Where my spot is in my eye is where the lines are flatter.
Modern technology is amazing! I wont really know what the next step is until I meet with my doc in a couple of weeks

8 comments:

Bailey Family said...

cute little oli! I miss him! I want to snuggle that cute little boy! I miss you too! Hows is going with working? getting any easier? I am sorry to hear about your eye, gosh how strange! What a rough thing, I am so sorry! I hope that they figure out what it is soon and that you get better!

Camille said...

man you have a great attitude about your eye. sure hope they can find a solution for you. oliver sure is adorable. i love that on saturdays we have flag football as an excuse to have a pseudo play date. always fun to chat and watch the games. keep these pictures of oliver coming!

bella utahan said...

I did not know you were still investigating the eye thing, hopefully one day soon you will have some answers! We love Olli!

nic and hai said...

remember the time i was telling my mom all about oliver. then we left our house and found him at TT! please bring him to my wedding. i miss your face.
goooooooooooooosey

Sam said...

Yea Halloween fun! Oli is so cute. Sorry about your eye stuff, I hope they can give you more answers. It was great to talk to you the other day and we will definitely get together over Christmastime over lunch to chat. I miss having a girlfriend at work to talk to. Have fun with Oliver this Halloween!!

outlaw in TX said...

Just now reading your Halloween post....you have the cutest site and O is so cute. I'm bringing him to TX when I'm in town next. I can't get over how darling he is - babies WITH HAIR fascinate me.

Keep me posted on your eye. I know you are bored with doctors, but you need to complete the test to know what you need to do to protect your eyes.

Aunt D loves you....hugs to all three of your big guys.

Poole Family said...

What a cute little guy! I love reading your blog and watching little Oli grow up! I hope you don't mind but I have printed out a few of your posts and sent them to Crystal so she can watch Oli also. She loves that little guy! I hope your eye problem gets figured out!!
Love ya!
Cindy

Kyle and Amanda said...

I can't believe you are a medical mystery!
I love the pictures!