Yesterday was Mother’s Day, my very first as an actual momma. My first since having a child and watching him discover his world. Since learning what it meant to be exhausted beyond measure and so full of energy to be ready at beck and call. Since feeling my heart burst at first sight of my miniature Curtis. Since feeling my heart ache at his first booboo and every one from that time on. Since feeling how proud I get every time he hits a new milestone or accomplishes a new feat. Since the shock of realizing that ‘no’ is just a teasing word to him, and to get back at me he will shake his head and say ‘nnao’. Since having my little one follow me around and pull on my pant leg. Since comprehending that motherhood was nothing I could have been prepared for. Since feeling so grateful to have been raised by such a mother that I want to pattern myself after. Since knowing I would do ANYTHING for my child.
Motherhood is, well it’s my life. I couldn’t do it without an amazing partner in crime/teammate. Oliver you are rambunctious, you are wild, you are sometimes hard to please, but I love your personality. Thank you for teaching/continually teaching me how to be your mother.
No comments:
Post a Comment