Mr. Oliman has hit a new milestone… He is transitioning from babyhood to toddlerhood. And I am starting to really miss the babyhood phase.
We have been very fortunate that Gus has had the sleeping habits he does. Bed time usually is and has been simple/easy thing in our home. A true dream. Oli has loved his crib we have just been waiting for the ball to drop. With little miss on her way we decided it would be a good time to make the transition from crib to toddler bed. Our plan is to have him in this bed for a month or two and then move him into a full sized bed. This way we can get the nursery put together and hopefully alleviate any jealousy that might come with baby sister using Oli's crib because he will LOVE being in his big boy bed.
We are keeping our fingers crossed that this doesn't backfire in our faces.
Since making the conversion we were worried what Gus would do with his new found freedom. I don't want to hold my breath but it has almost been a week and lil' O has continued to bless us with sleep! He is such a good baby! I think one of the greatest inventions is the video monitor. This thing is my best friend. I can just sit and spy on my baby and make sure he is exploring/playing safely while I lie in bed and relax (especially since my energy boosts from the 2nd trimester have completely been exhausted)
For some funny reason he is obsessed with his 'new' bed. All day he will ask to go 'nigh, nigh' just because he wants to go jump on his bed. So we have been spending a lot of time hanging out and playing in Oliver's room.
3 comments:
You are lucky that he loves his bed! I don't think he will have problems this summer with little sis.
Cute! What a fun transition. And how blessed you are that he's doing so well with it so far!! He's just as adorable as ever too, of course! Way to go on planning ahead with transitioning his crib to his little sister - smart girl!
I sure do love my little monkey! And he is growing up so big! Hugs and Kisses little man.
Post a Comment