Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hungry?

When you have so much excitement over a book and then find out it is being made into a movie what do you do with that? Well I made jewelry!! So I can wear my excitement with pride! There is nothing more satisfying than to create something and see others like and even love what you have done.
My extremely talented sister Krisit designed tea towels, aprons and t-shirts sold HERE (I am wearing a "join the rebellion" shirt)
We partied all weekend along with many many many fans and had such a great time. The only horrible thing was hearing over and over how amazing the movie was and not having a ticket to the show until Saturday evening. Being at the right place at the right time Kristi and I were invited to come to the new VIP theater at Jordan Commons for a private screening of the movie and to participate in a survey on what we thought... for free! The VIP theater is AMAZING. I will definitely be going back and sitting in those reclining leather chairs (fyi back row) best seat in the house.

My mom is extremely talented. She is on the team of planning these incredible premiere parties for Megaplex theaters and I am always amazed at her creativity.
check it out.... even my jewelry made it into the display! (above my head on the hunger games lunch box and on the maniquin in the red dress)
at our Jordan Commons booth on Friday night.
My fantastic friend Sam (owner of Beautiful You Salon) joined us on Friday and did these awesome temporary lip tattoos. These bad boys last up to 8 hours! I chose the pink and white fishnets and they were crazy add that to the awesome eyelashes I picked up from Sephora with deer antlers and butterflies (like what effie wears) and I was totally Capitol couture

 
 When I saw these towels Kristi made I KNEW I wanted them in my kitchen.... and now they are right at home.

KSL caught us setting up our booth on Thursday night... Isn't my husband amazing. We started getting pretty busy as soon as I put out the first necklace so he ended up staying at helping me much longer than he anticipated!
This weekend has been crazy.... exhausting.... but so much fun!

And if you are interested in purchasing any of my necklaces you can find them at my Effie Trinkets blog to the left or here at Etsy

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I get very tired when I think of last weekend, but so much fun! I LOVE my Effie necklace!!! I'm flattered by all the plugs. . . thanks!