Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Boom BABY!


Here we are 30 weeks and counting.... There are the bitter sweets to pregnancy and so many things that I couldn't possibly have anticipated. The best part of this stage is I love feeling the baby move even when he is jammed under my ribs. I feel like he is just so non-stop, a mover and a shaker.... Mothers tell me all the time about how after their babies are born they see their new arrival in certain positions or different movements and they believe that is how they were in the womb. Like the baby maintains the same mannerisms from the womb to after birth, if that is how Jr here is going to be Curtis and I will have a very active baby on our hands! I never was one to watch Aly McBeal but I do know about the famous dancing baby. That is what I imagine our baby is doing all day, just practicing his dance moves. I am starting to hit the more uncomfortable stage of the pregnancy. My lower back has constant strain and aches all of the time, not to mention trying to crunch my stomach in more than a 90 degree sitting position. Oh and also going from not needing to use the bathroom to all of a sudden feeling like you could pee your pants any second just because baby is pushing right against my bladder. That reminds me, LEG CRAMPS! no need for explanation there. Wow I sound like such a whiner! I feel like a terrible person for not being Sally Sunshine all of the time but instead Rebekah the Raincloud! Curtis and I couldn't be more excited about July when we can finally meet the little fella! Curtis is so cute he keeps harassing me to pack the bag for the hospital... He is getting pretty geared up for the big day! Oh this is baby's room, it is still a working progress and there is a lot I am working on but this is what we have so far!

I included a picture of dancing baby for all of your entertainment (I know instructions say to click on the picture to watch the baby dance but it doesn't work, sorry)

8 comments:

Cindy said...

You look so great! I love what I can see from the picture of his room. LOVE the paint!! I hope you glide through the next ten weeks. Hang in there! He'll be in your arms before you know it! Can't wait to meet him!

Royce's said...

You changed your hair! I like it, you look so much like your mom here. The room is looking great, I cant wait for July to meet the little boy either! It is all so very exciting!!

Royce's said...

By the way, who said you have to be Sally Sunshine?! This is the one time you can eat, whine, cry and complain all you want and nobody should say a darn thing! Everyone handles pregnancy, I sympathize for you! I know all the aches and pains and dont blame a pregnant woman one bit for doin some whining! Whine Away!

Anonymous said...

You are such a cute pregnant girl! I am so excited for you!!

Losinthisdangfat said...

Rebekah, you look so cute with that baby bump! I'm excited for you and your husband are going to be parents soon. VERY exciting! I can't wait to see what your beby looks like!

Sam said...

you are so stinking cute!! I can't wait to see pics of that baby. Good luck with the last bit of your pregnancy.

Mommy Madness said...

I agree that pregnancy is our excuse to let the hormones take over. Of course there are those wonderful days (or moments) where you totally LOVE being pregnant, but being taken over by unruly emotions and having your body doing whatever it wants without your consent is not a walk in the park. You are beautiful and you're going to be a fabulous mommy! I LOVE the nursery, too!

PK and Doll said...

You are a babe!! and I love how this was basically a recap of our converstation the other day!