Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spring cleaning...Well sort of

I just love that welcome home feeling of a clean house. Granted I definitely don't have an obsessive compulsive disorder when it comes to cleaning, but when the clutter becomes too intolerable I just cant take it anymore. Since Curtis' surgery our poor home has really suffered the consequences. Curtis has always done an incredible job with house chores and really gets things done but with him being down for the count I just felt slightly overwhelmed, still not a good excuse I know. Plus having a basketball blocking me from doing the everyday motions it becomes a little strenuous:) Well Saturday morning proved to be the perfect chance to catch up! Finally the refreshing feeling of a clean home is back, for the moment. Its amazing how a persons living space can really affect them.

On a side note Curtis is still trying to recover from his surgery. Unfortunately we have a had a few set backs, but I will save that for a later post.

n Now for a positive.... This last Thursday my sisters threw me a wonderful baby shower. It was so well put together! The theme was circles.... everything round like the tire of a motorcycle. They had my brother, Rory, cut out a motorcycle shape out of a sheet of metal. It was the coolest decoration! I loved how creative they were with the food selection. Serving cheese balls, lemon drop cookies, cake balls, grapes and cantaloupe, my fav chocolate donuts and many other flavorful options. People we so sweet and generous to us and Curtis and I are so grateful for all of the love and support that they have shown to us! It was just so great to see everbody! n


The table full of goodies!!

Kristi took some of Curtis' old motorcycle shirts and turned them into sleep sacks for the baby! She is so creative, I absolutely love how they turned out!!!

My sister and her bubble gum baby... Its a little baby riding a motorcycle!



A few guests

My sister Jennine, Momma Carin and my sister Rachael. Carin was so sweet she and Mitch got baby his carseat! They have been so good to us!

Me opening a gift from my lovely Aunt Donna, Thanks for all of the goodies:)




2 comments:

Bailey Family said...

All your cute pictures! Sorry would have looked at the camera and tried to look a little bit better if I would have known I was going to be in the picture! Anyways, you got lots of fun stuff i am so excited for you and and even more excited to meet your little man! ahhh its getting so close! next time let me come help you clean your house! I hated doing that being prego and it still is not fun even after the baby comes. Call me next time I will come help! Love ya!

Kyle and Amanda said...

I'm so sad I missed it! Looks so fun.

Ditto on the house cleaning