Thursday, March 11, 2010

busy little bee

Since quiting my job a couple of months ago I feel like I have been over excited when it comes to projects. I was really used to high stress and being uber busy at work and was a little worried about getting a bit of cabin fever when I didnt have that any more. So I took my extra energy and have been throwing it into exercising my right brain. I have been building up craft after craft. My 'to do list' just keeps growing and growing. So far I think it has been a great outlet for me. There are so many things that I have wanted to learn and make but haven't had a lot of time or energy to do them and now during my precious time while Oli sleeps, this is my time!

  • Learning how to frost/decorate sugar cookies using flood icing technique, they may not have been the most fantastic to eat but it was fun to try to be artsy.

  • jewelry making: a recent obsession from pearls to chunky rock bracelets to metal beads to cabochons (check out one of my new favorite websites http://www.mkbeads.com/.) Now that I have found that Heartland paper now sells pendant making stuff for like $1-$2 I have been going to town. I also have been filling up frequent shopper cards at Heart beads, BeadFairy (not a big fan), and Roberts (I could spend all the money of the world here)

  • Our family journal: I have never been much of a journaler but computers have really helped me in that department. We maintain a family journal in the lovely microsoft word and have been doing this for the past 2 1/2 years. Every 6+ months I will print all of our entries out on card stock and will scrapbook/glue it into our book with corresponding pictures. This has really been a great way for us to keep a record for our family

  • Cooking, not so fantastic in this department yet

  • Fabric flowers: I found this great blog that is just up my alley and she does a little tutorial on how to make those adorable fabric flower rosettes http://pretty-ditty.blogspot.com/2009/10/beaded-fabric-flower-necklace-tutorial.html


  • Fabric buttons: magnets, hair accessories, jewelry, tack pins ANYTHING!

  • Canvas art: (I was inspired by a booth at Sweet Sadie, they remind me of funky stuff you see in pendants but blown up and modge podged onto canvas)

  • Vinyl wall art: this one will be tough and will probably take me FOREVER, its not just something i can cut out on my cricut.

  • All of the half finished projects I have started
  • And many many many more things.

I get a little too ambitious sometimes we will see how long it takes me to get through this list!

3 comments:

trudy...{and jamo} said...

okay! i love the cookies you made! they are gorgeous!
I am excited to check out that bead site and the tutorial on the flowers, how fun!
i want to make this:

www.rufflesandstuff.com/2010/02/bath-pouf-that-um-looks-like-rose.html

you should check her website, she is always doing cute tutorials.

Teresa said...

You are so multi talented! The cookies were great but almost too pretty to eat. And that wall mural would look awesome in your bathroom.

bella utahan said...

wishing I was there to work on the list with you!