Sunday, November 21, 2010

Here's to 50 years!

My momma is 50 (please don't be mad momma for me posting about your age)! She is the greatest, most loving woman I know and we wanted to celebrate her life in a BIG way so what did we do? We threw a SURPRISE PARTY!! We plotted and schemed and then deceived but ultimately pulled it off! She had a few tip offs and thankfully didn't have a chance to think too much about it because her mind was in a Harry Potter whirlwind (thank goodness)
My mother LOVES The Amazing Race and so we wanted to center her party around the travels of her life.
JR staged a family Amazing Race where we all had pit stops and activities to complete. While dad and mom ventured off on their Amazing Race we were in the final hour of setting up.
Her final pit stop, her party.
Not only did we surprise her with an amazing crowd of family and friends, but with Rachael and Charlotte (clear from Italy!)
We are so thankful for those who were able to party with us!

The Captain of the Party.....

Meet the DJ Extraordinaire Neil! Our party would NOT have been complete without his genius


Yes you saw right... Curtis is dancing

Long John Sumo wrestling!
I tried posting a video of this but the file is just too big but it was HILARIOUS

You remember David Omen? if not please refer to the dancing video bellow.
He danced his souls away

3 comments:

Teresa said...

This was THE BEST!! It was so much fun!! Thank you for all of your hard work and to everyone that was there in person and in spirit XXXXOOOOXXXX

Kyle and Amanda said...

I am so sad I missed the SUMO WRESTLING! You did an awesome job, Teresa is an amazing lady but she is lucky to have you as a daughter. Love you!

Jonathan and Kiri said...

Wow! This is SOOOO creative! I love how much you guys did for you mom. I bet she was soooo happy for it all!

What an awesome party!!!!