Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mercedes Shay

'Sabees' is here! This is what Oli calls her. We are completely smitten and have been soaking in every moment as a new family of 4... make that 5 with Black Jack
Here we are on our way to welcome Little Miss to the world. Jack was acting funny all morning, he knew something was up.



At the hospital we got all hooked up and the water broke, there was no turning back all we had left was to wait, and wait and wait. I made it through about 2 hours of deep contractions before the sweet relief of the epidural.


and then... it was TIME! Sadie baby was just being so considerate and waited for all of our doc's patients to leave the office before letting us know we needed her. 1 round of pushes a breather and a half a push later and she was here! at 6 pounds 2 ounces and 19 inches long our beautiful dark haired grey eyed daughter was here!


Yeah she was born with the World News on in the background








I was STARVING after delivery so after I had my initial snuggle greet with my baby girl I was brought a bunch of food that I scarffed down in a matter of minutes


So far Oli has been in love with baby sister and always wants to hold and kiss her. Whenever he sees her eyes open he exclaims "There it is!!" it is just adorable.


ittle Miss is so loved by so many, I am so grateful for all of the love that/has surrounded us!







First bath, I love that new baby smell







8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Sweet! Congratulations!

Christiansen's said...

She is darling, congratulations! I love the picture of him holdingher, that was and maybe is one of my most proudest moments as a Mom when Sadie got to hold Jaden for the first time! We wanted her to be the first to hold him after Trav and I, and I wasn't going to let him being born at 1:30 in the morning stop that so we had my inlaws bring her and she got to hold him about 3o minutes after he was born. Congrats my dear! Hope all is going well for you. P.s. YOU SUCK for looking so great minutes after having a baby :)

bb,tonya and cam... said...

yay congrats!!!! :) can't wait to meet her!

Kyle and Amanda said...

I love that your reading a magazine just waiting!

Amy E. said...

adorable...congratulations!

Heidi and Judd said...

So sweet! Congrats on a beautiful baby girl!

Kristi said...

What a sweetheart! Welcome to the family Mercedes!

Teresa said...

Great birth story! Your deliveries are such a breeze! And you are such a great little family.