The past 3 weeks with Ms. Mercedes have been all sorts of wonderful. We have just been loving every minute with her... but before I get too carried away with all the fun of a new baby I can't forget about the fun we had for Gus's birthday. We had a blast with Oliver's birthday this year and planned a fun train themed party. I got most my inspiration from my favorite party planning website thepartydress and it made planning this party an ease (especially since I was about to pop myself
We had such a great turn out and Oliver had so much fun playing till he practically passed out. Thank you to everyone who gave their love to our little man on his special day!
Here we have the candy table where the kids (and kids and heart) spent a lot of time. We had Swedish fish, sixletes, licorice, redhots, homemade oreos, taffy, gumballs and of course red velvet and vanilla CUPCAKES! Sorry for the sugar overload! Along with bubbles there were little trinkets for the kids to play with like train whistles, stickers, those plastic bubble things I loved as a kid (see picture of JR bellow) and a table where the kids could color pictures of their favorite Thomas the Train character and play with playdough.
Next stop is the dining car where the master of the B.B.Q. aka Curtis maned the grill to feed our hungry passengers.
Oli loved the gift part of his party. He had SO much fun opening the gifts to see what was inside.
And no party would be complete without a special ride with the cousins... Little O was pretty upset when I pulled him off of this.
I think the party was a success, mostly because Oliver always asks for another birthday party. and just LOVES the word "Burd--ayy"
(I just loved this picture too much not to share)

2 comments:
Emerson loved that party. So cute. And, uh, sorry about his shoe on your couch!
What a darling party!! And what a cute idea - I LOVE the "Choo Choo I'm 2" sign! And, oh my goodness, Sadie girl is adorable! What a cute little family you have - you two sure know how to make 'em :)
Post a Comment