Tuesday, May 29, 2012

to be a Taurus

The fun month of May has left me with wonderful memories.
For Mother's Day we visited the live show of Studio 5 where they gave away some pretty fantastic prizes, sadly lady luck was not on our side this day:(
Saturday Night Cleaver was the place to be that weekend. The Shepherd's sure know how to throw a party/ weekend getaway. As a part of my Mother's Day/birthday gift Curty got us a nights stay at Little America and then joined the Shepherds for Mother's Day brunch in the grand ballroom of Grand America. thank you Mimi and Poppa for letting our babes sleepover and giving us a much needed night of freedom!
 
did you notice how great Curt's fro is? I'm not going to give up my secret last minute costume idea:)
Brunch was expensive, we took advantage of our cozy table and stayed from 10-2..... worth it? YES! It was absolutely beautiful and so delicious. I'm glad we aren't rich because that just makes it that much more special when you can probably only do it once in your life.... or hopefully more than once:)


And then we had my birthday....
I was starting to feel a little sad that the older I get the more and more unimportant/less exciting birthday's are. I remember when I was little I wouldn't be able to sleep because I would get so excited about my birthday.
But, dear friends and dear family have made me feel so special and so loved. I was so overwhelmed by all the calls, texts and visits that my heart is full. My wonderful Primary President that I serve with even made me a cake... the most delicious chocolate cake!
A wonderful friend started my day by treating me to french toast breakfast at Kneaders. Another favorite lady babysat my kids so I could go to a mini concert by Train (at the Megaplex, thank you momma for getting me in!)
And if that weren't enough ANOTHER fabulous friend babysat the kiddos so Curt and I could go out to dinner.  
 It was such a great day, I truly felt the love!
I am a Royce and by that I love a good deal, even better I love free things. Did you know on your birthday you can get so many great things for free???!!
I got free food from firehouse subs, rubios, Schlostkys, Einstein's, Ihop, Orange Julius, Benihanna, Tucanos, Brazillian Grill, Weinerschnitzel, Del Taco, Archibalds and a few more places.

 Shaunna's birthday is the day before mine, so of course another day of celebration!!

In other news, my Sabie baby has been sick:(
Stupid RSV
But the great thing is she is almost back to her normal, perfect, happy baby self!

1 comment:

Teandra said...

sounds like a great birhtday! Don't forget your free iceburg shake too!