The party just isn’t going to stop…. Its Mercedes
turn. I can’t believe she is one! I have held on to her being a baby for so long that I am struggling with the realization that she is transitioning into toddlerhood. Mercedes is such a tender spirit. She has such
gentle demeanor and so joyful, its infectious. We adore her! I feel like I have
just been clinging on to her babyhood and not pushing for her to grow up that
now that she is a year I am in a rude awakening realizing just how big she is.
Every day she does something new that tells me, “im no baby” She just stares at
her big brother and wants to do everything he does. I love that she is a
momma’s girl. She snuggles right up into me and pats on my back as I hold her. I love when her face lights up and she squenches
her nose, this is the face she makes when she is so overwhelmingly happy.
She can go up the stairs, but can’t
really go down them. She can stack blocks, she finds little details even if you
try to hide something she has found she remembers where you hid it. Curtis had
a blister on his hand and she was so concerned about it, as much as he tried to
distract her she kept finding it and saying “uhoh”
Mercedes loves her bottles, when she is
tired she loves to snuggle up with her swaddle blanket and drink her bottle. We
know she is ready for bed when she pulls the blanket up to her face and puts
her left handed pointer and middle finger in her mouth. She has a wicked grip,
she can pinch and scratch so hard, it hurts.
She loves discovering new food and playing and has such a tolerance for
pain. When she bonks or gets his by a toy, I expect a cry… but mostly she
just carries on. She is brave and sweet as ever.

It
was so hot at her party we had the kids play in the sprinklers while we ate
dinner. The wind was rowdy but we had so much fun with our dear friends and
family. Thank you for all who came and celebrated this great milestone
Some photos from her birthday party.
(toy jar, cupcakes, macaroons, sixletts, rock
candy suckers, sugar cookies birthday cake oreos)
(my
amazing sister-in-law made this beautiful shirt for Little Miss)







.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment