Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend


This last weekend we joined most of our family up in Idaho for a wonderful camping trip. We are very grateful to Rory and Jennine for letting us stay in their toy hauler because we would have been sleeping in mud!! That same mud got us all stuck for 3 hours.... We finally made it alive!!!


On our way home our wonderful dog Jack decided he was sick of the car. We were driving off of 106th S and 30th W when he decided to roll his window down and dive while the car was going about 40 mph!!! I thought for sure he was dead, but he just started to trot around. Curtis ran and picked him up and brought him back in the car. We had a vet look at him and determined he was just bumped and bruised with some road rash. Unfortunately, his poor little behind got the worst of it. He got major road rash on his bum, so bad it was just bleeding and bleeding. He is recovery and seems somewhat sore, but back to his usual self. He has become such a big part of mine and Curtis life and is apart of our family. We are so grateful and lucky that he was fine!!!

2 comments:

Teandra said...

I always wondered why dogs never jumped out of truck beds or windows, now I know they do! Maybe he won't anymore now.

Kyle and Amanda said...

what?! I don't look for a couple of days and you post tons! But I'm glad, at least I get to see part of your life.

poor jack!
Fun birthday... and bounce house... awesome!