Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas


I just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas!! Curtis and I had a wonderful day spending time with our family and soaking the day in. I am so grateful for my Savior and for His birth. To be able to reflect and remember Him at this time of year. I am grateful for the love of friends and family and for that contagious holiday cheer!


Christmas Eve my sister-in-law Kristi set up for us to go sing at the Veteran's Nursing Home. We were their dinner show! It was fun to do some service and to be together as a family. It was a great opportunity and I think would make a wonderful tradition! Above are my cute niece's and nephew's at the home. They are getting so big! For Christmas this year Curtis and I decided that our present for each other would be a new TV. Our old TV wont exactly work after the switch come February and we have been drooling over them every time we went to Costco.... So we got one. When we made the purchase we weren't exactly thinking about the vehicle we drove and had to somehow get this massive box into our little Altima somehow!! It took a lot of shoving but we finally made it so we could at least shut the doors. The terrible thing was that when when we got home we COULD NOT get our present out of the car. It was STUCK!!!! After like a half hour of useless attempts to get the box unstuck Curtis finally just opened the box while still in the car and pulled out the TV. We are loving that we jumped on this band wagon! I just don't think Jack is used to it yet. Whenever funky sounds come on he runs up to it, caulks his head and just stairs straight at it all confused!



We have many different Christmas traditions in my family. One that I love is when we get together and make gingerbread houses. I obviously am no master of the gingerbread and this was the first year I decided to buy a kit rather than make it homemade mainly because we didn't have time to. JR and Kristi always impress us with their creativity and mad candy skills! Sorry I don't have a picture but just to give you an idea Kristi cut out a house design in cardboard and the one by one glued little pretzels sticks and made a log cabin! It was extremely impressive! Merry Christmas again everyone!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree that singing should be a tradition! It was a great Christmas and we loved seeing you guys!

bella utahan said...

what a fun holiday you had!!!

PK and Doll said...

Love that you sang at an Old folks home. I bet they loved it!
And your house looks great!

Don't let kyle see your TV he has been drooling at costco as well.

bb,tonya and cam... said...

your house looks so cute all decorated for christmas! Yay! i am so glad we know where to find one another now in the blogging world.

brooke and josh said...

Looks like you finally got your tv... Congrats! Cute Christmas card by the way, let's play soon.

Kristi said...

Happy second trimester!!! I hope you are feeling well. Enjoy every minute of it because the 9th month will be here before you know it (the last month is the longest, but it will come fast)!

Rory and Courtney Duckworth said...

Holy crap- you're having a baby?!Congrats!

Richelle said...

Hi Rebekah...I am blog-stalking!! Looks like you had a great Holiday, and CONGRATS on the baby! That's so exciting :-)