

I remember before Curtis and I had told anybody we were pregnant my fellow prego friend Nat had told me how it was difficult for her to not be nauseous when brushing her teeth because of the gag reflexes that she gets. I didn't really understand until I hit about 7 weeks and then the falsely named 'morning sickness' hit. I know I have been more lucky than others but man I was just banking for when my first trimester would be over. But I am now officially 15+ weeks and now officially dread when I have to brush my teeth! With out fail I will always get the nasty gag reflex which then leads me to my other type of relationship... the love/hate relationship that I have with our beloved toilet. I never thought I could absolutely hate and be extremely grateful for one thing before! And since being pregnant I have developed a low tolerance for patience and positivity. Sorry for the blatant negativity but I just really needed to vent! When will it be over!!!
9 comments:
Poor baby! I wish I could make it better for you
When I went through the gagging every time I brushed my teeth (for the ENTIRE pregnancy the first two times around), I tried different flavored tooth paste. I guess my problem was more the flavor, though. Cinnamon worked with one pregnancy and then orange something or other (both by Crest) with another, but this last time I was fortunate to be able to use what we already had. Good luck!
I wish I had a toilet like that!!! I would not mind spending so much time with it!!! I hope the sickness starts to diminish for you! I was like Audrey with the gagging and brushing of teeth- yuck!
Oh how I feel your grief! I STILL gag every time I brush my teeth and I'm 27 weeks. It's the weirdest, most annoying thing for sure. I'm so sorry and can only tell you that EVERYTHING is worth it when you hold that beautiful, healthy baby in your arms. Hang in there! :)
Oh that sounds awful... hopefully you will be feeling better soon
I can't believe it's already 15 weeks... I love the little count down on your blog. BTW- hopefully you're feeling better. I totally understand about the toothpaste. I've always gagged at the flavor - it's icky.
Soon Becca!You will soon forget this phase when you can feel the movement of your little one!!! But, sorry you are sick... it is not fun!
How have you guys been? We need to see you now that we are back in town!
Who needs to brush their teeth anyway...just boycot that for a while and think of the time and toilet use savings...
Sorry that you're still sick!!! Don't know how you did that while you were finishing up school and taking finals, if you can handle that, you've got this for sure.
And hopefully as that baby ticker keeps on ticking, you'll stop soon!!! My fingers are crossed!
Post a Comment