Tuesday, September 29, 2009

3 months

Oliver is 3 whole months as of yesterday! How does this happen??? How can time just keep ticking by without even a hesitation? I love being a mother and am extremely grateful for the lessons that I have learned from my little O.

Curtis and I have just survived my first week back to work. This has been a very difficult decision that I have had so much anxiety over. The only thing is I don’t know if my heart can take it. Curtis will get the baby ready and take him to either Kristi or my mom. Wednesday s are the exception, this is the day that Doll babysits Oli. I drop him off because Doll lives right up by my work. My heart aches every morning as I make the drive and every second until I can pick my baby up. The only thing I can do for my baby is pump every break I have so he can get as much milk as he can. It has been a long week and very tiring. My heart breaks for every working mother out there.... I am glimpsing/living the difficulties of balancing job and family. I think Curtis has really had to deal with a lot from me as my spirits haven’t been as high as usual and also that our home is a complete disaster. We thought it was bad before but now we need to be quarantined. Its difficult to think of the things I am missing… I miss waking him up in the mornings and seeing his smile to start my day, I miss watching, every minute he was awake, discover the world around him, I miss the little laughs he tries to push out when he is overjoyed. I just miss him! I am just grateful that our son gets to be with family and that Kristi, Doll and my mom have been so helpful in watching him. Oli is pretty predictable and is on a pretty set schedule which I hope makes it nice for other people watching him to have an idea of where he should be. I feel like among the madness of our life we are trying to figure things out and let the storm clouds settle.

Oli turned three months yesterday and I still am amazed at how fast our children grow.
· You continue to be very interactive & love people and watching the animation of different faces.
· Drooling has kicked in this last week
· You love to just lay on your back on your blanket and just thrash your arms and legs around
· You prop yourself up on your arms during tummy time and hold your head up like a pro but you don’t last very long in that position
· You had a growth spurt at the beginning of your third month and would wake every three hours at night
· Last night you slept for 9 hours! Ate, and then slept another 3 ½ hours
· You graduated out of newborn clothes and are almost grown out of your 0-3 clothes
· You started grabbing your toys and exploring them with your mouth
· You have this tiny little baby laugh; it is the cutest/sweetest thing.
· You love to talk. You were able to carry a conversation with Emerson!
· You still haven’t officially rolled over but the way you kick your legs scoots you around a little


Jack loves Oli, we have been fortunate that he hasn't shown any aggression toward him. Occasionally he will act jealous. like try to cuddle with us while we try to cuddle with the baby. He likes to put his toys in the baby's diaper bag, its pretty funny!

Mr. Brown Eyes

This is Jacks favorite part of the house. He loves being in Oli's room and hanging out behind the rocker. (umm dont mind the mess, laundry day)

Just swingin


I love when Oli holds his hands together
Farewell Sister Degen! We will miss you!!!

Oli and Ava, poor Oli got woken up for this little photo shoot... he wasn't happy about it
Little O can hold his head up like a champ but then fusses when he gets tired

Oli is reaching a lot for things. Yesterday I had my face right up by his and he kept punching me trying to grab my face.

Discovering his toys with his mouth
He always gets this look when I first pull out the camera
Again with the dog
Daddy loves his Oli



So does Gampa
He almost rolled over/ fell over!!

8 comments:

Teresa said...

I love the little O updates. And I love that you take his picture with his little crib friends every month. Its a great way to watch him change with a perspective. Give him kisses from Mimi.

bb,tonya and cam... said...

oh he is sooo cute!! I am sorry you had to make the tough decision to go back to work....i know trying to balance life can be tough so if you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask! :) hopefully it will get a little easier for you...

Kyle and Amanda said...

I can't believe how much Oli and Ava look alike... they are twins!
Dont' worry... just checkin out your blog while he is sleeping

Bailey Family said...

lots of cute new pictures of little O! HE is so cute and I am so happy that I was able to see you and him last weekend. I hope that things get better as you leave him, i know that it will NEVER be easy but hang in there. He knows that his mama loves him!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big little Oli is getting! Thanks for keeping me in your prayers. It's just so hard sometimes you know? I would definitely love to get the name of that specialist your friend is seeing. I am in the process of finding one right now.

Also, did you see the invite I posted on facebook for our girls night this october?

xoxo

SaRah G. said...

he is gorgeous!! you have the cutest little boy!!!

Amy E. said...

Three months!!! I haven't even met this little guy yet. Need a babysitter on Monday night? I'm free from 5-8! Oh, and I don't charge much...just a few cuddles.

Heidi and Judd said...

Barbs he is sooo amazingly beautiful!! I just wish we could grow some beautiful hair like that in our family!