Saturday, September 19, 2009

Don't blink....

Because when you do, THIS is what happens
from this to this.....
I know its cliche and I knew it was going to happen... but does it really have to happen so quickly? Our Little O has brought so much joy to mine and Curtis' life that it is simply undeniable how much we love our bundle. Having a child is truly the most incredible experience, every day Oli is teaching me how to be the best me. How to be a good mother, a good wife, a good daughter. He has brought so much light with him into our home and we still can't believe he is ours!! This past month has proved to be full of not only challenges but wonderful milestones....

At Little O's 2 month check up with Doc Z we found that he is in the 75% range on height and 50% on weight. I knew that shots would not be easy and I was prepared for him to cry during the procedure. What I wasn't prepared for was the after effect. I was told Oli could experience symptoms of fever, drowsiness and irritability... about 5 hours after his shots he woke from his nap screaming this blood curdling scream, it was the saddest thing that Curt and I had heard. Nothing would comfort him, not even trying to feed him! I had given him some baby Tylenol to hopefully help but this persisted on for about an hour and finally he fell back asleep and was out for a couple more hours than i had my baby back to normal. I have now learned my lesson.
Oli has had some new adventures this past month as well

  • Boating and hanging out on Lake Echo's beautiful shores
  • Very first plane ride on a trip to Las Vegas (but he has yet to see the strip)
  • Cheer daddy on at his flag football games
  • Was given a name and a blessing by his daddy
  • Bid adieu to his Auntie Crystal as she left for Brazil on her mission
  • Danced some polka at Oktoberfest
  • Been bowling in a fantastically old school bowling alley in Heber
  • Breakfast with Curts' mission president and his wife

Oli's milestones

2 Months

  • Focused his gazed a lot.... started looking into peoples eyes and following people around
  • continued to average 6 hours at night
  • Had his first little taste of formula, at first his tummy struggled but now he has adjusted when we need to give him an occasional bottle.
  • Started to social smile around 6 weeks and just wont stop.
  • Oli loves his singing star that hangs above his car seat, it flashes bright colorful lights and makes Curt and I wonder if we are hypnotizing him
  • Unfortunately Oli doesn't really like tummy time but we still are working on that so he doesn't get a flat head

Oli will be 3 months next week and I will save his most recent achievements with you all then!!

Bowling with Rori Ana
Blessing day. This crochet blanket was a very special gift. This is the last blanket my grandmother Lova started before she passed away, my sweet grandmother Eileen finished it and gave it to Oli before he was born. It means so much to me to have my sweet baby wrapped in something made out of love by both of his grandmothers. It made me think and feel my grandma Lova's spirit on this day even though she couldn't physically be with us.

All the grand babies
#3=Emerson, #5=Charlotte,#2=Chanel,#7=Ava #1=Jameson,#6=Oliver & #4=Rori
Charlotte absolutely loved Oli's hair! She couldn't help but grab it any chance she could get! (noticed her arms are restrained) We miss you little Lottie cant wait for your next visit to the states
Oliver and cousin Ava she is so beautiful! These two are about 2.5 weeks apart
This is Oli meeting Curts' mission president and his wife. I barely understood the conversation but they were so sweet and so loving. You can just feel the spirit they cary with them and know how much they loved all of the missionaries.
Oli loves his daddy
On the plane
And he is starting to love his toys
That is our month in a nut shell.
Whenever I have found myself discouraged, frustrated, overwhelmed, confused and just plain out of my element as a new mother I have found so much comfort in reading many of your blogs or in conversation. that I am not alone. I can relate to so many of you mothers out there and am thankful for the humor and joy you help me to find in my everday.
I am going to be heading back to work next week and definitely will miss the time I have with my baby. this week I have been trying to soak everything in... Every chance I have had to do the dishes or the laundry I have put off so I can just hold and love Oli. Our house is a disaster but I wouldn't trade the dishes or the laundry or other house chores for the time and memories I have had with my son. Going back to work has been a very difficult decision for us but I know that everything will be ok... That Oli will be safe and is being left in the best possible care. I am so grateful Kristi, Doll and my mom for there willingness to help me. I don't know what I would do without you guys! I am grateful for mine and Curts family, for always being so loving and supportive. Oli has truly been spoiled with a wonderful family!

7 comments:

Kyle and Amanda said...

Barb- What a beautiful post. You are a wonderful mom and woman. What lucky guys Curtis and Oli are to have you. I just have to say these photos of you are ravishing... your inside beauty just radiates. I love you and can't wait to see you on Wednesday!

Mommy Madness said...

I LOVE all the pictures! You guys are doing a great job!!

Teresa said...

So many great pictures and so many great memories of the past 2 months! Little O is growing up so big!

Royce Reflections said...

What total sweetness he is!!! Motherhood is amazing and I wouldn't trade it for anything either! The blessings are amazing! You all look wonderful! Hope we can see you all soon.

Bailey Family said...

What a stud! I love that little boy! I am happy that you put up some new pictures so that I can watch him grow since I cant see him everyday. Cute update!!! Good luck going back to work, please let me know if there is anything that you need!!! You are a such a great mommy!

DeLoy and Heidi Brady said...

What a cutie! I can't believe how quickly he is growing up. It doesn't seem fair, does it- don't blink- pretty soon he will be a teenager like Shantell.

bella utahan said...

Ollie you are so cute!!! We miss touching your hair!