Sunday, November 8, 2009

Ouch

For two years I have been battling the fight with ingrown toenails. I am so clumsy and would always stub my toes and Jack has a terrible habit of always stepping on them and after the years of hearing me curse every time the shock and pain would come Curtis finally convinced me to take care of the problem! Doc Larson, who by the way is fantastic, did an impressive job. I was SO nervous, more nervous for this than child birth in fact, but the procedure was not what I really expected. It was practically pain free, I hardly felt the shots in my toes for the numbing because he used a cold spray thing. This may be more info than you would like but he showed me the ingrown nails that he removed and they were HUGE! I thought they were going to be these small things but no they were so big, no wonder they have been killing! The healing however has been what I expected. Curtis has been so wonderful through this and has done so much for me, I love him! I have been laid up since the minor surgery, feet elevated and lortab close by. Lortab makes me pretty loopy and tired. It has been pretty comical in fact. I have a difficult time talking to people, I slur my words and cant concentrate that well. I have had some pretty intense dreams, I cant keep my eyes open for more than 3 hours without a little nap. Last night I was in the middle of saying my prayers when I thought I was Susan/Gianormica off of Monsters vs Aliens and I started praying that my relationship with Derrick (the weather man on the movie) would work out ok, that he would understand that I was now a giant woman and he should love me no matter what..... Yeah I told you I'm a loon! So for now I have the time to catch up on all of my blogging and editing my pictures. FINALLY!!!


3 comments:

Teresa said...

Maybe it was the "extra" toe re-appearing!

trudy...{and jamo} said...

i had in grown toenail surgery last summer and i love it! You will be amazed at how much better your toes will feel once they are healed. it is seriously sooooooo nice!
little Oliver is adorable!

bella utahan said...

The dream was comical for me to read about! Oli is so cute! I can see him maturing- looking forward to seeing him in Jan!