Monday, September 27, 2010

August fun

August came and went in the wink of an eye but we just had so much fun I had to share some photos.....
Oli spent countless hours in some form of water whether on a boat in a pool or on the sands of the beach he LOVED it!






















We ventured up to visit Kennecott Copper Mine with JR and Kristi. I haven't been there since a Kindergarten field trip and it was fascinating





















Curtis and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary as husband and wife. We had a fabulous time downtown. We first had lunch at Seigfrieds German deli (YUUUUMMM) then checked in to our hotel, the Grand America (thanks Good Things Utah for the free night stay!) and headed out to venture around Temple Square. Our first stop was the LDS Family History Center next to the museum. We thought we would just check things out but we ended up spending practically 3 hours there. It was intriguing and exhilarating all at once to see both of our ancestor lines. We swam in the pool back at our hotel, soaked in a hot tub. We then enjoyed a delightfully robust dinner at Rodizio Grill and wandered around the exquisite hotel. And one of my favorite parts of the weekend was the Sunday Brunch. It is something I know we probably wont have an opportunity for again and took advantage of it only since we were patrons of the hotel that day. It was AMAZING I have never seen such incredible food and DELICIOUS! I will never forget how happy my stomach was that day or that weekend.






I always thought having no 13th floor in a hotel was a myth until we
got in the elevator



I have never seen such an extreme mini bar... I never realized an "intimacy kit" was included in the mini bar












Our view, it made me dizzy to look down.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Kennicott looks like it was such a fun thing to do! Little boys and big tires!!

Jonathan and Kiri said...

What a fun 3rd anniversary! Lucky you! How did you end up with a free night's stay?! That is the perfect way to spend an anniversary! Looks like you guys had a fun august, as well. There's something just too adorable about a baby in a life jacket and swim gear! so cute!

Kennicott looks like it was a lot of fun too. I wish I would've taken the time to go up there in the last few years! What a good idea for family fun.