You may feel that way by the time I am done with all of my updating! I have a lot of down time on my hands lately so this is giving me a prime opportunity to update our family journal, update our blog (yeah those are 2 different things to me) write in my kids baby books and sort through the millions of pictures I have.
Maybe I will share more than you want me to but its my blog and if you don't want to know don't read.
Since Curtis and I were married I have noticed a growth/bump starting to protrude bellow my bikini line I never really though much of it until I finally decided to get it checked out. At the time I was about 20 weeks preggers with Mercedes and the doc I went to was just ok. He took one look at me and said he thought it was a lypoma or just a ball of fat that can grow anywhere in your body. In his opinion he said there was a slight chance it could be a hernia but he was pretty sure it was a lypoma and I would need to have it removed after baby made her debut. After having Mercedes and some time to think about my doctor choice, I didn't feel completely comfortable. I decided to get a second opinion. I found a female general surgeon who had some pretty great ratings online so I gave her a shot. Immediately she was a lot more personable and actually did an examination. She was convinced it was a hernia. She wouldn't be able to know 100% sure until she operated. This was last Wednesday, she gave me the option to have my surgery as soon as Friday. The downer is if it was a hernia that I wouldn't be able to lift anything more than 10 pounds, no laundry no vacuuming for 3 weeks! but if it were a lypoma I would be down for 2 days and be able to do whatever I wanted. BIG DIFFERENCE especially if I have 2 little ones to look after. Thank goodness Mercedes is a lightweight. We decided the best time to get it done was on Friday. If I waited any longer I wouldn't be able to take care of the other responsibilities I have coming ahead this month such as the primary program!! Plus I want to be able to go trick or treating with Oli!
Friday it was. I went in bright and early, the operation was only supposed to be about 45 minutes. Doc got in there and found a cyst had grown on top of my hernia, the size of the cyst and the size of the hernia were about equivalent to an ORANGE! This unexpected surprise pushed my surgery to a little over 2 hours. Doc believes I have had this hernia my whole life and just went unnoticed. I never really have had any pain from it, it hasn't bothered me which is complete opposite what I thought a hernia would do.
So here I am now taking the time to heal, sitting on the couch while my wonderful husband takes care of me and the rest of the chaotic house. My heart is so full to have so many people care about me. This happened so fast and immediately family and friends have been so willing to help in whatever way. I was stressing so badly about how Mercedes would do. She has decided to stop taking a bottle and FREAKS every time we would try to give her one. How was she supposed to go all day without me feeding her? How in the world was she going to not be screaming all day for my poor mom who was taking care of her? I prayed so hard about that. I think I prayed more for Mercedes and that stupid bottle than I did about my surgery. The Lord answered my prayer. Mercedes was so good. She took her bottle, no problem. What a tender mercy.
1 comment:
Good for you for doing a family journal. You and your kids will cherish that someday. Hope you recover well!
Post a Comment