packing tape... that's all it took. Curtis walked out of Lowes with a giant pack of packing tape and it finally hit me. We are moving. Yes, I am excited. Yes, I can't wait to get into my house that I totally do not deserve. Yes, I am a little overwhelmed right now.
I have loved where we live. I love our house. I love our neighbors. I love our ward.
This house has been all about firsts for us. Curtis lived here when we first were married and so this was the house I became a wife in. Shortly after our moving in, we expanded our family by bringing home Jack. Cars were sold, new cars were purchased. Motorcycles were sold, a new one recently was purchased (Gus is spoiled). Furniture has come and gone, rooms were rearranged. And then we had a big first, we brought home our first child.This became the house I became a mother in. I remember when Jack met Oli for the first time. There are many memories that flooded my mind when I saw that stupid packing tape.
I have been in denial that summer is practically over and although our house will not be done until mid November, we have a fabulous renter who would like to be in by the first. The Brinkerhoff's will be homeless for a few weeks, but we are so fortunate to have incredible family that will open their doors to us.
In the mean time our garage is starting to fill with boxes of our life, and I am a roller coaster. So just ignore me as I put my sunglasses on to disguise my tears (mostly tears of gratitude).
3 comments:
We are going to miss you guys so much. You are great friends, and I know we'll keep in touch!!! Love you tons <3
are you going to mom and dad's basement for those few weeks?
Congrats on the new house. Good luck with all the moving. I'm still unpacking boxes after two months, lol.
Post a Comment