Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Its DONE!!!

Hurray!! I LOVE how it turned out and am so happy have had it done by my Nonna's birthday which is this Friday, so here is a birthday shout to her!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to an amazing, inspiring, loving woman who brings so much light to our world. Love you Grandma!

Here is the finished product. With the exception of a few photos that through MANY attempts I am having a pretty tough time tracking down. This was a fantastic lesson in family history, I pretty much can name EVERY family member and can put children with parents there are probably about 170 currently so that is a big deal to me!
I love it and hope my Granny loves it too.



(we did not intend to coordinate but doesn't she look great?!)



One of the best ladies I know (you know I love you Doll!) gave Curtis and I some tix to go to the Haunted Canyon (Heber Creeper) I thought it would be a little more kid friendly, since it seems targeted to children. It was, for the most part. We had a great time riding the train and spotting the spooky characters along the track. But then things headed South when those 'creepy' characters joined us for the ride back and started 'haunting' up and down the train cars. Oli and Emerson did NOT appreciate this. JR even advised Emers to 'growl' back at the scary dead lady to show he wasn't scared... you want to know what she did? She growled right back and wouldn't leave Emers alone until she proved it to him that she was scary! Poor Oli was CLINGING on to me and kept his face shoved into my neck I admit I loved the nuzzling but hated that they kept trying to scare him.







Are we bad parents to do this to our kids?







Like I said, Oli doesnt like men in hats. Uncle JR wanted to test him. Not cool, Uncle JR!


Oli checking out the window to make sure we were still safe



Dont I have an adorable nephew!?

7 comments:

Anthony and Christel said...

So fun....maybe we will take our kids on that, that would be fun!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing family tree!! I'm sure your Grandma will LOVE it!

Mommy Madness said...

The family tree turned out awesome! Great job!!

Kristi said...

I can't even imagine how many hours you put into the tree! It looks great.
Thanks for posting some pics of JR and Emerson. It's fun to see what they did while I was away. Thanks for entertaining them! I don't blame them for being scared, poor little guys!

Rachel said...

I LOVE the tree. How did you do it? Is it paper or fabric?

Bekah said...

Thanks everyone!
I did the tree out of paper, lots of paper and used mod podge lots of mod podge

Camille said...

wow bekah that is incredible! you are so crafty and clever and dedicated. wow wow wow!